Friday 29 November 2019

Reflection on SIE 2016


Showcase
Initially, I was reluctant to enter the showcase, but with the support of my peer, I was able to step out of my comfort zone. It was indeed an eye-opening experience for me. From being selected to having 2 days of preparation for the actual day, my team and I were under a certain amount of stress due to the deadline for projects and upcoming exams. Nonetheless, we have been able to work efficiently and have come up with the best we can even though we had a time constraint. During the speech, I was anxious as it was my first time presenting in front of so many audiences. I was able to hide it well as my peers praise me that I did a great job as compared to the presentation I did in front of my classmates. Lastly, I was able to present without memorizing any script and was able to speak freely. To conclude my showcase experience, it was a memorable memory for me as I was able to work under stress.

Module & Project learning
Being able to write and speak confidently in the English language has always been my dream since I was young. In this short period of time, I was able to learn the ideal way of communication as we do have a lot of projects works with different teammates. Through this, I had learned the different ways to communicate with different people. It is impossible to have a ‘rubric’ for communication as everyone is unique. In addition, I also learned the different rules for writing an essay or summarising a report; the main key point, further explanation, fragments, capitalization, citation, etc. SIE 2016 had gained my knowledge in writing a technical report which I might need it in the near future. Working in a team is necessary for the working society. Thus, with the helped of Professor Brad, my team I am able to start the technical report smoothly. Although this might be the basis for increasing my writing skills, I would like to thank Professor Brad as I do believe this basic would bring me far in the future. Personally, I do think that there is a lot of assignment within a period of 3 months however it was not tough as compared to the other module even though lots of research are required. By having detailed researched, we know the reliability of the source. Reliability is important when it comes to writing a summary or report because it is important not to provide counterfeit statistics. To conclude, SIE 2016 is a module that will help me in the future in terms of writing, presenting and presentation slides.

Credits
I really appreciate Prof Brad for guiding me for these 3 months and encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone which I wanted to do it all the time but was not able to. I was a coward without anyone pushing me to that extent. Thank you, Prof Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on SIE 2016

Showcase Initially, I was reluctant to enter the showcase, but with the support of my peer, I was able to step out of my comfort zone. I...